Monday, July 20, 2009

Bouncing Cottontail

Okay, so the past few weeks I've been watching two little cottontails grow up in my back yard. Every evening they come out to play. The run and binky, do somersaults, and even run face first into the side of an outbuilding. (I never said they were smart cottontails.)

This morning one of them was sitting by my car door as I walked out to go to class. He/she looked at me, took three hops back, turned around, and watched until I started my car. Then she darted off leaving me to watch a little white tail bouncing in the distance.

In honor of the sweet little guys I'll leave you with some adorable pics of the Eastern Cottontail.











Images taken from google.com. Why does google insist an Eastren Cottontail is the same thing as a Snowshoe Hare!?

No comments:

Post a Comment